Sunday, November 09, 2008

'And in the morning, we will remember them...'

I've just got back from our local Remembrance service with rather a feeling of dissatisfaction - mainly my own fault, I'lll admit. Now, it was a lovely service, don't get me wrong, and I love being in the Colour Party, but a party of me felt almost as though I shouldn't be there, wasn't appreciating the occasion as I should've.

The reason for this was the prayers; in particular, the Lord's Prayer. I've said that prayer every night before going to bed when I've been at my grandma's for as long as I can remember. Because of this, it's been ingrained in me so much - from before I could ever have understood it - that the words just don't mean anything to me any more. The emotion that should have come with that part of the service just wasn't there, and I felt so awful because of it. As much sadness that I feel for all those people killed for no reason, I just couldn't feel anything for the words coming from my mouth.

I just needed to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say...