Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dreamland.

I've been having some really weird dreams lately. Now, my dreams are normally pretty strange, but these have been occurring with alarming regularity, and seemingly no features in common for the most part. If anyone has any ideas/theories about what any of this stuff means, then please let me know. They are in chronological order as far as I can recall, and last three all happened within about five days:

1. I was swimming lengths in my local pool, but it was literally FULL of people (like that freaky Japanese wave machine video) - amazingly this didn't make it any harder to swim. Then I crashed into some guy and went under, but I wasn't sinking or floating - kind of suspended below the surface.

2. Again at my local pool, and a massive group of people ran from the women's' changing room and dive bombed in at the shallow end. A lifeguard-type person was talking to the group, while I was at the back chatting to a teenage mass-murderer with short ginger hair and really bad skin.

3. I went to my next door neighbour's house to look after it while the builders were in. I was going around the house opening all the curtains when one of the workers tried to rape me.

4. A YouTube special: I was climbing a really tall ladder with DudeNeedaEaseOnUp, but he was having trouble and kept nearly falling. I was trying to catch his hand, but couldn't reach. At the bottom of the ladder, zacharyxbinks was pacing and shouting up at me to help him. We were all really upset ( This one was deceivingly scary).

5. I was in a Zavvi located in the middle of a wasteland. Instead of going to a till, customers would take their purchases to someone sat in a line of cars around the field. It was very late, so there was only one car left. I gave my CDs to the driver who promptly tried to drive off, so I grabbed them and ran. He drove after me, and a long chase scene ensued. Eventually we both got fed up and I hid (very badly) up a tree. The man (who by this point had turned into YouTube's MusicFromBlueSkies) and I decided to call it quits and he would let me win because every story should have a happy ending.

6. I was at my grandma's house with my brother and my mum and a really big, blue insect was flying around, getting in everybodies' way. I went to bed, and when I got up I kept my feet off the floor in case it jumped out. I went downstairs and sat down, and it was on the floor in front of me. Its wings were made of thin metal - almost clockwork - and consisted of small wires and spinning letters, which spelt out the word 'RELEASE' over and over again.

7. I was at school with my friends like a normal day, except there were loads of people (I think the school had added a six form, but there were a whole host of others too). Hundreds of primary school children were coming out of the entrance, mingled with minibuses. They weren't paying attention and kept running over the children because there was no room, so I was running around trying to stop them to no avail. The teacher told me to stop it, that I was getting in the way.

8. I can't remember the beginning of this one, despite it being last night, but I was out shopping for prom dresses with my friends somewhere that looked a little bit like Cheshire Oaks. However, we got held up because there was a sofa in the middle of a square, along with my dad, a police officer, and someone from EastEnders (I think it was Sean Slater). We all sat round on the sofa having a nice chat and taking pictures with disposable cameras.


There are probably more, but that's all I can remember. Almost all of these were within the last month or two. If anybody has a clue, just let me know. I'd appreciate it. (:

3 comments:

  1. Me again. Haven't left a comment in a while, so I thought I mayaswell do so as I'm bored, lol.

    Firstly, check out the time you posted the blog. 22:22. That's an interesting coincidence because I think the numbers 1111 and 2222 are related to astrology and divination in some way.

    I'd write quite a lot more, but I'm pretty worn out at the moment and I'm going to bed after I post this. I guess this Friday the 13th wasn't so bad... For me, in fact, it was probably better than most of my school days. Everything seems much more relaxed in non-uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I'd like to go along with your numbers thing, last time I made an 11:11 wish two of my best friends nearly died.

    But you do have a point (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, Becky. Wow. I can't remember wether it was the night after I posted that, or two nights later, or whatever. I had this really really messed up dream recently, well, usually I have the occasional one (the last one I recall being about a small glowfish in a silt labyrinth on the seabed getting pulled into a hole while it lets out blood-curdling ear-piercing screams and its blood flies out of the hole, landing on a nearby rock and spelling the words "DEAD END". :|) but I just shrug it off in the morning.

    Anyway, a few months beforehand, I watched a trailer for a movie called "Philosophy of a Knife", about a secret laboratory under the control of a Japanese military unit in WW2 where unheard acts of sadism were carried out upon human test subjects. Some of the things I saw got stuck in my head for a few days and, well, let's just say I had difficulty eating rice for a week or two. I'd all but forgotten about it until a few nights ago.

    About the dream. I don't think I can remember how it started, but basically, I think I was a scientist/medic working for a similar unit in a bunker at the far end of a field. I think we were trying to create some sort of parasitic organism for use on the battlefield, and our workspace consisted of a large room with various observation stands circling the top, and a huge handle-less frying pan in the centre. Every other scientist was in the observation ring, but for some reason I WAS IN THE FRYING PAN. I was getting a rundown of how the eldritch and fascinating device worked, apparently you could control it just by using your mind. I was ordered to heat the pan up to a specific level (indicated by a red bar filling up a black tube about 3/4 of the way at the top of the facility), and then I think one of the scientists threw me a bag filled with worms that was meant to go into the pan, except he missed and it went under the pan, which apparently was exeeding the point of white hot, and somehow the worms fused together and created two giant ones. I didn't see them properly though, I just saw this macabre mix of reddy-brown in the bag, and I heard the scientists screaming in horror. Everything goes black.

    The next part consisted of me being a cadet in a ground force of unknown nationality, and me and my comrades were in the thick of a fight. However, the field was nearly pitch black, and littering random areas were large ice cream stands, like the kind you get at fairs. Kids kept coming and stealing bags of something from the stands, although I'm not quite sure why. I think we moved forward, and I got seperated from my unit. Well, more like, I'm there with them when suddenly I turn to look at them and they've vanished. After a brief moment of panic, I see in the grass the two worms which had been created at the lab. If they stood on their end, they would probably come up to a man's thigh. I can't really remember what happened next, I think I either shot them or curb-stomped them or just evaded them. Then in the distance fireworks go off and light up the sky in an epic fashion, and then the rest of my unit appears and as I charge with them I wake up.

    I can't actually remember why I've just typed all that or why I even decided to share it. Either way, there it is.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say...